Demonstrations on Future Multimedia Networking
CALL FOR POSTER AND DEMONSTRATION
A parallel poster/demonstration session entitled “Demonstrations on Future Multimedia and Autonomic Content Networking” will be organized along with the main workshop. This event encourages researchers to present and discuss “work-in-progress” or “experience-in-practice” of their current implementations and research prototypes that cover the topics of FMN’09. Authors are invited to submit a short paper of up to 6 pages following the format of workshop. All accepted short papers will be included in the proceedings of FMN’09. The papers should specifically focus on implementation and practical aspects such as:
· Experiments/lessons from recent deployments
· Performance evaluation of multimedia services
· Network measurement/monitoring for multimedia services
Posters are well suited to controversial work that can generate discussion or promising new ideas which have not been thoroughly evaluated. Live demos provide an opportunity to demonstrate the feasibility and usefulness of your research.
Poster/demonstration reporting original and unpublished research results on FMN´09 topics are solicited. Submissions must not be under consideration for publication elsewhere while being evaluated for this workshop.
· Formatting: The proceedings will be included in the proceedings of FMN'09 and published by Springer-Verlag - LNCS series. The maximum size of posters/demos should be 2500 words including tables and figures. Please adhere to the formatting standard for a 6-page manuscript of Springer-Verlag LNCS. The cover page must contain an abstract of about 150 words, 3-5 keywords, name and affiliation of author(s) as well as the corresponding author's e-mail and postal address.
· How to submit: Submissions for DEMO-FMN 2009 will only be accepted through the EDAS Paper Submission System accessible from the link on the website. Only posters/demos in PDF will be accepted for reviewing. Submissions as e-mail attachment will not be accepted. Posters/demos can be registered first and then uploaded at any time up to the paper submission deadline!
· Reviewing: Consistent with standard practice, each submitted poster/demo will receive rigorous peer reviewing. Posters/demos will be selected based on their originality, timeliness, significance, relevance and clarity of presentation. Submission implies the willingness of at least one of the authors to register and present the poster/demo, if accepted. All accepted posters/demos of the conference are expected to be presented and will be included in the workshop proceedings.
· Submission deadline: 2009 / February / 20 Deadline Extended (hard deadline): March 1st
· Acceptance notification: 2009 / March / 17
· Camera ready: 2009 / April / 04
Mikolaj Leszczuk, AGH University of Science and Technology, Poland @ leszczuk (at) agh (.) edu (.) pl
Mu Mu, Lancaster University, UK @ m.mu (at) comp.lancs (.) ac (.) uk
Eduardo Cerqueira, University of Coimbra, Portugal @ ecoelho (at) dei (.) uc (.) pt